< title>Simple Kim: What's up doc?

Simple Kim

Thursday, February 01, 2007

What's up doc?

At work today a friend reminded me of my most embarrassing moment. I shared it with her months ago one day when she was down to help her laugh. With the bugs, extra laundry, lack of sleep and add in a cold, my mood has been less than cheery the last few days. I felt the need for laughter so I decided to share.

Many years ago when I had been laid off from IBM I went to work for a temp agency. They sent me to a well known upscale real estate company to fill in for a few weeks while a woman left on maternity leave. So, I dressed up in my most conservative outfit, a fitted black cord skirt and a simple blouse, you know to make a good impression and all, and off I went. On my first day on the job most of the office 20+ men and women went to lunch to see the new mother off and wish her well. Since I was new and to get familiar with the rest of the office staff it was decided that I should go too. We went to a Mexican food restaurant, my favorite! It was the type that has one very large open seating room with lots of windows. Our table was at the front of the building, looking out a window and ALL other patrons/wait staff behind us. I enjoyed the lunch and getting to know my new coworkers. As we got up to leave I felt a draft! I looked down and felt the sides of my skirt and all seemed fine. I wasn’t convinced so I asked the girl next to me to make sure all was ok. I never got a response. She was bent over in hysterics. I am glad someone was amused. I tried to ask another new coworker for a jacket or something to cover up with because I had a slight indication something just wasn’t right…plus…I am just smart like that. She immediately started laughing so hard she was unable to help. At this point my memory is somewhat blurred…God is gracious that way. My new conservative coworkers had made such a scene that everyone in the place (remember they are all behind by behind) had to look to see what the commotion was. It was total pandemonium. The wait staff was tripping and spilling stuff from laughing so hard, people were falling out of chairs, babies were crying, ok not the last one. Everyone in the place could see what I could not. My fitted little corduroy skirt had gotten caught on a nail in the chair and when I stood up, my skirt split up the middle…in the BACK. From the knee to the waist! My rear end was pouring out of that skirt like a loaded baked pototo over stuffed with too much butter and sour cream. Under my little black skirt was NO pantyhose, NO slip, just a little pair of Bugs Bunny panties!

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I know...not funny. But do you laugh about it now? Hey , at least you had the underwear on...you didn't pull a big Britney Spears!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh my goodness. This takes the cake, I believe!! I can't imagine. How did you ever live that down??

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home