< title>Simple Kim: What's buggin' you?

Simple Kim

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What's buggin' you?

Yesterday I got the call from the sitter explaining that I have to pick up Savanna because she has lice. YES, lice. The thought sends feelings of total dred to the depths of my being. I lived in Irving for 30+ years and only got it once as a kid. Since I moved to East Texas 4 years ago someone in my family has gotten it at least twice per year! It is just killing me. This is the buggiest place I have ever heard of. How can something so small be so mobile?


I used to think of people who had lice as dirty. Well, after getting it several times I mentioned that theory to the doctor. When she finished laughing she explained that in reality, they cannot live long in oily hair, or the eggs wont stick or something like that. That is why black people rarely get it. I wash my hair daily and so, my hair all but screams for them to on over! So before work this morning I had the privelege of washing 3 loads of sheets and blankets and there are several more to do before I can go to bed tonight. YEA. Doc also advised that it is not just my area...there seems to be a national epidemic of the little critters and they have grown resistant to the typical solutions. Yea again.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! When the notes come home from school advising us to check our children, I just cringe. Both my girls have waist length hair and it is washed daily - well maybe not on Friday nights! Anyway....I am keeping fingers crossed - ever thought of dread locks - just kidding?

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know what to use? Put olive oil in your kids hair ... let it stay overnight ... icky but real good ... and tomorrow no more lice ...

Here it's not that big a deal ... we just use "suyod" to get rid of it ... its a comb that has really really really small spaces in between teeth .. .the little critters come right off ... then when they do, we put them in gasoline ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home