< title>Simple Kim: Secret

Simple Kim

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Secret

I have never been good at keeping secrets. Just not my thing I guess. Today I have a secret that I am just busting at the seams to tell...so I figure this is the best spot. If by chance you know me outside of my bloggity world, please don't tell.

I have a dear friend that is suffering thru the aftermath of a divorce. She is a wonderful teacher, Christian, friend, and mother. It troubles me to no end to see her suffer. Even in times of great distress she is a role model and an inspiration. I am so glad to know her.

When I picked up and moved from the Dallas area to my small town I didn't know a soul in this town. Not one. My friend was one of my daughter's teachers. When I started looking for my church home here in town we went to several ok churches but none that really seemed like home. We then visited the FBC in our area. When my teen and I walked into the sanctuary, late of course, her teacher knowing we were new in town RAN down the isle and said Hi, I am so glad yall are here to visit, come sit with me. Even now typing this it brings tears to my eyes. How often does that happen? We are still at FBC.

So, back to the secret. I put some flowers and candy by her door this morning. I didn't leave a card or anything so she will never figure out it was me! :) I have been in the best mood all day. It has been the best valentines day I have had in...well...maybe ever.

5 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I am a friend of Kim in NS(kimmyrose) and found you by clicking on the comment you left about the rat (too funny). Welcome to our little blogging world. I love your "secret"...what a wonderful thing to do. By the way, what does FBC stand for?

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Kim said...

What a sweet thing to do!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Betty's Loosing Race said...

That is so cool. I think we get more blessed when we do something for someone than the person receiving the gift.

~Betty~

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are too sweet! What a great thing to do. You have to be a blessing to her. :)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good job Kim! You just participated in the random acts of kindness week then ... I posted about it on my blog as well.

The tornado is my first child and so I worry too much. But then again, I do worry too much about everything. I hope to see you again on my blog.

Thanks for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home