< title>Simple Kim: Let's Review!

Simple Kim

Monday, February 26, 2007

Let's Review!

Saturday I saw the Beth Moore conference that was simulcast to over 500 churches across North America. Several of my friends have seen her before or have done her Bible studies but I hadn't until Saturday. WOW. She really is a good speaker. She is SOOO high energy. The conference was material was more than I can process in just a few days. It will take quite a bit of studying my notes and Bible before it all sinks in. Here are some of the highlights as I see them in my own words, along with some other random notes I took while there that were not clearly stated by her but noted all the same.

*Sometimes our pits are not a direct result of our sin but are sudden circumstantial changes.
*Sometimes we slip into a pit little by little. It might start out innocent or as a 'little' sin and might look more like a pot hole, but develops into the Grand Canyon
*Sometimes we KNOW it is a pit (sin) and jump in anyway.

*Beth has an amazing way of making people OWN UP TO IT, not by minimizing the sin but loving people anyway. Yep, I knew my biggest pit was a Grand Canyon and jumped in anyway!

*The enemy is not flesh and blood but he uses flesh and blood.
This simple statement speaks so clearly to me. Love the person, hate the sin...Even if I am that person.

*God can and wants to deliver me.

*Satan is GREEDY for my total destruction. Beth got lots of laughs when she said "Na Na Na Na Na!" to satan but the point really hung with me. Part of getting out of a pit is realizing that satan wants us totally separated from God. The fact that I am not, no matter how awful this pit is, is in itself a partial win. Accept that, and use the faith it produces to get out!

*God can not only handle it, but DESERVES it when I break down and CRY out to him. Not the prayer he gets when I am with other people, the calm and collected prayer it does have a good purpose...but the 'at the end of my rope' CRY to him out of total desperation prayer. This implies that I have to be desperate to get outta the pit. There in lies the problem. I personally have had to pray for the DESIRE to get out of a pit (although at the time I didn't call it a pit).


*I need to learn to grieve with my feet on The Rock.
Mourn and then move on! Get over myself!

*Satan can oppress but CANNOT, CANNOT, CANNOT possess me. :)

*He can and WILL kick me when I am down. Now that I know this, expect it and deal with it with my feel on The Rock.

*Out of nowhere I have a note to myself in all caps. READ IT OUT LOUD. I wish I had written down why, but I intend to do it all the same. I always read my Bible to myself, I wonder if it will really make a difference to read it out loud.

*Don't just believe IN Him, Believe Him at his word.
This also seems simple, but is SO profound.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

BooMama is hosting a book club that is reading her book "Get out of that Pit". The link is in my sidebar. You might want to join in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home