< title>Simple Kim: Teaching the teacher

Simple Kim

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Teaching the teacher

Today was day 3 of VBS. I have managed to remember about half of the kids names, half being 12 since we increased to 24 6th graders. Maybe before they leave on the last day I will know them all by name as well as by ummm... attitude! Some of them I know because I know their parents but most of them I know from their temperaments. I have always heard that boys are easier to raise than girls but will never know first hand if that is right since I only have girls. I do know that the boys in our class, however rowdy, are easier to 'control' than the girls. Looking back on the day I realize how well mannered my teen is, and was at that age.

During snack each day the group leaders (Erin and I) go over a short lesson with the kids at each table. I first listened to Erin teach the lesson and then took the materials and headed to one of the boys tables. I had only begun talking when one of the boys in a casual yet courageous way takes over and taught the lesson better than I could! The other boys were chiming in with remarks too but most amazing was that they were not just words being repeated. These boys clearly understood the concepts. Several times I have noticed some of them blurt out verses and correct responses to questions even when they had been squirming ot talking when they shouldn't be. I was really impressed by them today. My lesson today was 'faith like a child'. I have new first hand understanding of this lesson that I thought I completely understood.


I really need some Godly advise but the bible doesn't have a clear example of parents regulating phone use for teen girls. Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home